Out of all the wonderful professions in the world, photography seems like an art form of its own. Capturing the best moments, and that too at the right time, is a talent that most people dream of.
When it comes to taking photographs of an event or your favorite theme, the casino-themed form of photography is one of those themes that requires a bit of knowledge beforehand.
That’s why we created a list to help you capture the best themed photos that you possibly can. Let’s have a look at some of those tips:
A Blackjack-Themed Photoshoot: Planning Background, Models, And Props
You can start planning your photography shoot but first, you need a checklist. A convincing casino-themed background or venue is needed when going for a card game photography shoot. So, let’s take a look at a blackjack-themed photoshoot and what you would need for it.
You must first decide whether you want only a background for the props or subjects, such as playing cards or the blackjack table, or you’d prefer being in an actual casino. If none of these options work for you, you can create your casino-themed set by gathering all the necessary props, lights, models, and backgrounds – be it the betting circle, proper blackjack layout, a human dealer, and so on.
One of the easiest ways you can do this type of shoot is by having your models play blackjack online in real time. The most natural moment would be capturing the smiles on their faces as they win big. You can also get to things in a low-budget manner this way – all you need is a few models as dealers or players, dealing cards to each other, and getting into the spirit of blackjack in an authentic way.
Ultimately, you can get the blackjack-themed shoot done in time with minimal props. A few candid shots here and there of your model playing blackjack are enough to captivate people, imbuing your photography with the genuine gambling experience.
Achieving the Casino Ambiance
No need to pack your photography equipment and go all the way to Las Vegas or the beautiful Atlantic City. You can emulate those casino and poker vibes at your location with a little bit of preparation and decor beforehand.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when preparing for the casino-themed photoshoot:
- When you enter a casino, you can’t tell if it’s day or night yet, which encourages gamblers to lose a sense of time and play for longer hours. Just like that, you can add lots of colorful lights in the background to ensure the place looks attractive.
- Gold, blue, red, and more of these bright colors can really bring out the best of your casino set in photos.
- Getting a neon sign and adding it to the wall that’s nearest to the poker or gambling table will help emulate the atmosphere of a casino.
- Get a roulette wheel, poker chips, a model to act as a croupier, cards, and some gambling props.
- Make sure all of your models have worn their casino-appropriate dresses and suits. This is one of the most important parts of creating the casino theme. The best pictures will come out as vibrant and entertaining when focused on the casino-dressed group.
- If you can, rent out a red or purple carpet that you can use to add more glamor to your pictures.
- Add all sorts of gambling games that you can.
- Have appetizers, drinks, and snacks ready for the models to eat while you’re taking pictures. It will help capture the average casino night out if your models have a drink in their hand while playing the roulette wheel.
- Last but not least, create an online Pinterest board or a physical one with pictures that remind you of the vision that you have in mind for the photoshoot. You can capture the colors, energy, mood, and background that you’re looking for by first finding the inspiration online.
Taking The Best Shots
Taking the photos can be an easy part of the process once you’ve planned everything before. But taking photos can be tricky sometimes. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Let your camera capture the surrounding areas as well as the model or the subject of your picture.
- Capture all the props and decorations that you have done in action when taking your photos. Make sure you get the best out of the hard work you put in all the decor.
- Have different poses or areas decided for your models. Introduce scenarios of winning or losing on a roulette wheel or a poker game. Encourage people to cheer up as if they’ve just won or be curious and looking forward to winning as they’re winning the game.
While you may now have the best photography tips on how to pull off a casino-themed shoot, you will still have to remember to keep your morale high when doing this for the first time.
With enough planning, preparing, and instructing your models on poses, you can make something creative and inspiring out of your photoshoot.
Always remember to adjust your camera settings according to the light and the pictures that you have envisioned in your head.
Just try your best to learn more to capture the excitement and thrill on the model’s faces and you’ve done the half of the job. Your background and props will eventually blend in together as you take more photos and feel confident in your photoshoot ideas.