Exploring an Abandoned Residential Boys Boarding School
The original building on the property, owned by an American businessman, was built as a hotel for travellers in 1922. A few years later the hotel was sold to a Canadian and changed names.
In the late 1940’s the property was sold to a christian instruction organization who ran the institution for 25 years. During this time the organization trained young boys in grades 7 to 9 who were destined to a life of religious service, they were also trained in a military style as part of a cadet corps.
In the late 1960’s the christian organization shifted their focus to operate a boarding school here, from 1969 to 1972 young boys were able to complete their first and second grade education. In 1972, due to changes in the local education system the school opened up to students in grades 4, 5 and 6.
In 1988 the school welcomed 120 total students, it wasn’t until 1997 that the school allowed a handful of female students and changed names once again.
Also in 1997 with the number of students to the boarding school decreasing, the religious organization was forced to close the school, it remained open under new ownership, it’s final date of registration on the property was in early 2015