Exploring a 168 Year Old Vacant and Abandoned Church
This old church was founded by the pioneers of the community in 1828.
The current church was built in 1854, housing a growing congregation in the also growing community.
The church closed down at some point in the late 1990s or early 2000s, but seemed to have new life breathed into it in 2010, when a new community group took over.
Unfortunately, this was short-lived, and the church hasn’t seen a service in several years, with the exception for a wedding that took place there late in the summer of 2015.
A mouldy corsage still remains from that day, as do the programs and decorations.
Since the 2015 wedding, there have been a few visitors to the church, based on a guest book in the lobby, and it is still powered.
A website states that the church is available for celebrations and special events, the church is open to everyone at all times and never closes.
You may find that watching the video – ain’t nobody using this old church for nothing!